Sex Positive Counseling
My approach to counseling is sex-positive and kink-knowledgable. I have training and experience to help individuals and those in relationships with their sexual desires without shaming them.
All too often I meet with clients who've seen another professional and had a negative experience. Even if you don't decide to work with me, please do shop around and ask questions until you find a supportive therapist you trust.
WHAT I DO
- Use a sex-positive framework and vast knowledge of healthy sexuality to support your relationship
- Understand the unique dynamics and issues that arise for sex-positive couples (based both in lived and professional experience)
- Use a integrative approach to help you grow in a positive direction
- Develop an individualized plan to change the way you do relationships
- Help you listen, build trust, negotiate, have compassion and communicate effectively with yourself and those you love
WHAT I DON'T DO
- Sit and nod - instead, based on your preference, we will focus on and take action on things that you've identified in your life
- Add shame or judgment to your experience (there's already too much of that in the world)
- Deem your kink, fetish, desire or fantasy wrong, abnormal, or unhealthy (so long as you only enact fantasies with consenting adults or on your own)
- Assume your queer experience is the same as my own
I've supported clients who express many diverse interests, including:
- group play
- leather community
- age play
- doms and subs
- role play
- tops and bottoms
- sensation play
If you are looking for a Sex Positive therapist in Chicago please contact me for a free 20 minute phone consultation at 773-281-7200 x 3 or use my contact form to email me.