Maybe you’ve tried to fix your problems on your own, but just can’t. You’re still trying to figure what to do and need some help and so decided to seek out support.
Being a man in our society presents a unique set of challenges and issues that can manifest and impact one's sense of self and ability to achieve the things we hope to get from life. Creating a broad and diverse awareness about what it means to be a man in our culture beyond what is "expected" can be an important and often times essential part of the work done in therapy.
Extensive work with men and specialized trainings provides me a wealth of knowledge to help integrate the practice of understanding and validating the social realities of men within the broader scope of their therapy.
General issues for men where therapy can help:
- Improve low self-esteem, lack of confidence and feel more secure
- Develop better communication skills and have better relationships as a result
- Increase your awareness about your emotions, and then use them to improve your life, work, and mental health
- Help smart men to better resolve their problems without over thinking them
- Create more self-affirming behaviors, and stop self-sabotaging behaviors that undermine you.
- Calm your mind, and think more positive thoughts (Hush your self-critic - that negative voice in your head doubting you in your every move)
- Resolve feelings of toxic shame that holds you back
- Make better decisions, in work, dating/relationships, with money, etc.
- Deal with substance use (control alcohol abuse, excessive porn use, spending or other threatening behaviors)
- Resolve any unresolved issues with parents that hold you back (e.g. father-son issues, mother-son issues)
- Become more honest and live more in integrity (break cycles of lying to others)
If any of the above sounds like something you are dealing with, please contact me today for a free 20 minute phone consultation at 773-281-7200 x 3 or use my contact form to email me.